Mental Health Foundation (ACT)'s Supported Accommodation (SA) program is a medium and/or long-term supported accommodation program for people living with a mental illness.
The SA program enables its participants to live in a safe place and build their capacity to live as a valued member of the community.
- Medium and long term supported accommodation program for people living with a mental illness in today’s community.
- Supported Accommodation services are flexible and responsive to the person’s needs, including 24 hours on-call emergency support.
- Equipping and empowering residents with daily living skills in shared houses.
- Accessing community resources including other internal and external supports and networks.
- Managing social skills in residents’ home.
The MHF (ACT)'s accommodation team support participants with a range of services including (but not limited to)
- Tenancy support
- Co-ordination of supports
- Personal activities
- Household tasks
- Development of life skills
- Community access support
- Support visits / calls
- Assistance in daily tasks
- Crisis support